Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Text from the Book of Enoch, translated from the Etheopian scroll


1
The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be
2
living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said --Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is
3
for to come. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them: The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4
And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,
[And appear from His camp]
And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.
5
And all shall be smitten with fear
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.
6
And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment